Bleeding and bruising after applying libre sensor

sue512

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
I’ve been trying libre now for about 6 weeks, have had two faulty sensors that needed replacing. On one other occasion I had a trickle of blood after applying sensor but this time I was following a trail of dripped blood around house, checked dog over, to find it was my sensor ( it had stopped by the time I realised the cause) now a few days later there’s a bruise formed underneath. This doesn’t appear to have interfered with readings. Is this commen or have I not applied it far enough behind arm do you think?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. It's reasonably common to draw some blood - happened to me (and I don't use the Libre full-time by any means) about 3 or 4 times.

Bruising is far less common. I did have one very nasty bruise on one occasion so guess I hit 'something'. That sensor fell off almost immediately. When it was just blood drawn then it didn't seem to affect the readings at all.

You've probably just hit a blood vessel.

brianb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm only on my second sensor and not had any issues. However I did order some waterproof covers that go over them from Amazon as I was terrified they would fall off while a was swimming, Would be a bit icky for some poor swimmer to find it in the pool, anyway Turns out I was allergic to the waterproof cover and my arm starting itching and by the next day had blistered, Turns out they were latex. So avoid those sticky covers

sue512

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
I'm only on my second sensor and not had any issues. However I did order some waterproof covers that go over them from Amazon as I was terrified they would fall off while a was swimming, Would be a bit icky for some poor swimmer to find it in the pool, anyway Turns out I was allergic to the waterproof cover and my arm starting itching and by the next day had blistered, Turns out they were latex. So avoid those sticky covers
I’m allergic to a lot of plasters but seem ok with the sensor, but thank you