Bleeding

Moaney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys, so after praying every month I'd be pregnant, it's happened, and I can't enjoy it one bit. I'm 6 weeks pregnant & have had bleeding for around a week now intermittently. Yesterday and today it's been a proper bleed where before it was pink sort of spotting. I had a scan today & thankfully all looks well, but we are not in the clear yet. If bleeding continues or i get pains then it cld be bad news. I can't cope with this it's soul destroying. Has anyone had similar problems but went on to have a healthy little baby? I've been reassured that my diabetes won't be the cause, but I can't help but want to blame myself!!

lacey1

hi hun try to relax i know its hard have had miscarriage and its bloody painful normally in one side
but i do have a beautiful little boy and with him didn't even know i was preggers as i had what i thought was my period for the first two months with period pains full bleed for seven days two months on the trot and only at 12 weeks missed it and found out i was preggers bleeding is more common than u think so chin up hun and best wishes be with ya x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Moaney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I know I should relax, it's so hard though. I guess the scan showed no issues and I'm not in my pain so I should be feeling more optimistic. I get another scan next week so hopefully it's all still ok!! Fingers crossed! :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i will never forget ringing a&e to ask about my wife bleeding to be told matter of factely "dont worry your wife has probly just miscarriaged" my life ended.... she had terrible pains a much blood, 13 years later our baby is a beautiful young lady, im sure you will be fine, take it easy, try to rest, best wishes

Reactions: 5 people

Mel24

I bleed in every pregnancy and I have had four unfortunately I did miscarry one In between the four children but it's safe to say bleeding seems to be normal in some women pregnancy so try not too worry too much.. Easier said than done I know but you had a scan and everything was okay so that's a good sign.look at the positive rather than the negative.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hoping and praying that this is nothing and you finally get the child you desperately want. Let us know how things go!

Janiept

Expert
Another msg reassuring you that bleeding in the first three months is relatively common.
My daughter-in-law is 9 weeks pregnant and has had bleeding on and off for a few weeks and also chronic back pain, but had a scan and babies heart is beating strongly and she has been told all is fine.
Of course you will worry, it's only natural but many have had similar symptoms and gone on to have fine healthy babies.
Try to stay calm (oh that's so easy to say isn't it) and know we are sending good wishes over the ether for you and baby.
Let us know how you progress won't you.

Janie x

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
Hi, I can totally relate.

I had two m/c's in 2011, the second was horrific as I was nearly 12 weeks and baby had actually gotten to the 11th week before passing away.

Then in 2012 I became pregnant again after giving my body a few months rest and to grieve.

16 weeks into pregnant I was diagnosed Type 1, but leading up to that I literally had weekly little bleeds, they were the most frightening things, every time I would think its happening again! i had so many scans, mainly to put my mind at rest, this time I needed to know what was happening after every bleed.

As I write this I am listening to a very lively 11 month old boy scream at Katy Perry on tv, we were blessed this time with a healthy full term pregnancy. The bleeds stopped, finally, at around 18 weeks. I remember my Consultant at the time saying some times these things happen as womb changes, only advice we were given because of the other two m/c's was to lay off the physical side of our relationship.

Anyway, my point is, bleeds can mean the worse, but as I can prove, not always.

I send many hugs and good luck to you for a successful pregnancy

Shelley xxx

emmaLC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I am diabetic have been since I was 21, and have gone on to have 3 healthy boys 21, 11 and 6. I have to say I had spotting every time my period was due xx don't worry you will be fine hunny I am now 42 and 6 weeks pregnant myself I've just found out,, wanting a girl but probably be a boy lol but as long as the baby is healthy xx
Good luck and remember to enjoy your journey xxxx

Moaney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey hoooo,

Just a little catch up to say things are going well so far since the bleeding. I'm now a little over 10weeks and feel every bit pregnant, sore breasts, super tired, crave pizza like it's going out of fashion (lord help my waist line) and the worst morning sickness EVER!!! But it's all so reassuring, so I "try" to enjoy it!!! :eek:D I have however started spotting again today, very light pink, nothing major, so although I don't like to c it, I'm sure it's normal. I get my 12 week scan on the 20th, I can't wait!! 2014 is going to be one year to remember??? :eek:) I really appreciate hearing from u all!! A cyber shoulder to lean on is just as good as any!! :eek:D

kkkk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad it is going well - I was told that when you see the heart beat then some stat over 90% of pregnancies will go to term, so I just looked for the heart beat!

Also a friends sister accidentally got pregnant and had 'mini' periods each month which convinced her she wasn't pregnant and the Drs who started to investigate IBS, she'd kept food diaries and then found out she was nearly 20 weeks pregnant! That was a big of a surprise.

Moaney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Scan went really well....baby is growing as baby shld so far so fingers crossed!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1390501132.970119.jpg
:D

Reactions: 6 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Look, he/she can already say "I'm ready for my close-up Mr De Mille!"
Congratulations! Bet you can't wait to cuddle him/her!