Blisters and feet.

sam381

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I'd like some guidance if possible please.

I'll start by giving some background info: I'm 21 years old, T1 for 8 years and consistently have a HBA1C result between 7 and 7.5.

Question:
Has anyone here experienced dark green/black blisters on their feet from friction caused by running around ?

After playing 5 a side last week (for the first time in over a year) I came home and took my trainers off to find normal red blisters. Over the following days they got more discoloured. I thought nothing of this and played again tonight, in the same trainers, and now I think that the blisters look darker and obviously feel a bit sore.

I'm not in any discomfort with them any more than I would be with a normal blister, but they look so bad!
Should I get them seen to?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sam.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Absolutely yo should, don't take chances with your feet. As part of your diabetes care plan you are entitled to be seen and have your feet checked by a Podiatrist ............so make that appointment!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Just to be on the safe side, get them looked at. Feet can become a problem in later years(ark, at me type 1 33yrs, this year). Get them looked at just to be safe, it might be that you haven't played in so long or you need different boots/trainers or go ask your pharmacist for some advice.

sam381

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the replies, sounds like good advice to me. I just didn't want to cause a fuss over nothing; as I've never had my feet seen before by a podiatrist. I will make an appointment tomorrow and find money for some better fitting trainers I think!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks for the replies, sounds like good advice to me. I just didn't want to cause a fuss over nothing; as I've never had my feet seen before by a podiatrist. I will make an appointment tomorrow and find money for some better fitting trainers I think!

Who normally checks your feet Sam, is it your gp or consultant? If the answer is none then you should ask and insist that you have your feet checked every 12 months.

sam381

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Who normally checks your feet Sam, is it your gp or consultant? If the answer is none then you should ask and insist that you have your feet checked every 12 months.

I get them checked when I see my consultant, last time he checked was about 9 months ago I think.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Good at least, your feet are being checked.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I get them checked when I see my consultant, last time he checked was about 9 months ago I think.

That's OK as long as your getting them checked, all too often people just concentrate on bg control and forget about their feet. Anyway I hope those blisters soon disappear :)

sam381

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's OK as long as your getting them checked, all too often people just concentrate on bg control and forget about their feet. Anyway I hope those blisters soon disappear :)

A very true statement, I think I'll be less complacent about my extremities after this!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A very true statement, I think I'll be less complacent about my extremities after this!

Minor injury's to the feet can lead to more serious problems so it's always best to err on the side of caution and have them checked when unsure, good luck Sam and good night :)