Bloating & wind issue

m786xxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any type 1 diabetic suffers from a lot of wind and bloating? Would like some advice on how to fix it

Reactions: Pamstrachan

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd be inclined to say it's not the diabetes causing it. Is it something you're eating? I'd speak to your GP :)

m786xxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@sleepster I read somewhere that diabetics can develop gastroparises if they have had high blood sugars for long period of time. So I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could your symptoms be caused by something your doctor has prescribed ? I developed an ulcer after taking a drug which was an ACE inhibitor, prescribed by my GP to control my blood pressure. The symptoms were excessive wind and abdominal pain to start with.

m786xxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@JMK1954 I only take two insulin and metformin so it could be a side effect caused by one of them

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was told that you can develop side-effects to anything at any time. It doesn't necessarily have to be when you first start taking it. Think about any over the counter items you take as well. There should be a patient information leaflet in everything you buy or get prescribed by HCPs. It's worth checking to see what side-effects are possible.. If that's not the explanation, I would suggest contacting your GP as your next move.