Blood glucose app for smartphone or mac?

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've done a bit of a search but not seen anything. At the moment I'm using the my lifestyle section of this website to log my BG levels. It's manual though. I use a couple of meters (one that I get script strips for that I use when I can, the other I pay for when I need the small size / convenience) and both have USB. The main one has no mac compatibility, the second doesn't seem to.

So it seems unless I buy a PC, I need to stick with typing in unless someone can advise me otherwise. Now I can do manual entry, but I'd rather have something I can use on the move and iPhone has an app that can track it, but I can't put any data in manually.

What does anyone here use / recommend?

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
Hi @lowedb I use the mySugr app on my android (Samsung s6) to log my BG levels.
I use the basic version but there is a paid premium version available (£20 for 1 year) It allows you import your readings and to transfer your online log book from the app via USB

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @lowedb I use the mySugr app on my android (Samsung s6) to log my BG levels.
I use the basic version but there is a paid premium version available (£20 for 1 year) It allows you import your readings and to transfer your online log book from the app via USB
Thanks. I'll have a look if there's an iOS version.

kuzzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I use a Dario device. Adapter plugs into iPhone ear socket, strip goes into adapter, do the blood reading and save on the phone.
All your results are held in the logbook.
I take this and show to doctor as necessary.

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use a Dario device. Adapter plugs into iPhone ear socket, strip goes into adapter, do the blood reading and save on the phone.
All your results are held in the logbook.
I take this and show to doctor as necessary.
That might be worth looking in to. Are the test strips sensibly priced?

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I use the dario too. I wouldn't day the strips were cheap more in the reasonable range. £15 for 50. However the size of the device means it's easy to carry and discrete too. I would recommend.