Blood Glucose Monitors

I have a bum bag that i can get it all in if the partner isnt with me to put in her bag. My kit is the glucomen xl and find it very good to be honest and you can do the ketones too which is good for myself being type 1

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my problem is using it while running, I keep getting blood on the pale beige pouch they gave me while trying manage not to drop test strips, prick my finger and test, all while standing untidily and sweaty by the side of the road.

I do love the meter though, I use the Glucomen LX as well, love the memory and the ability to tag the results.

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found the Accu Chek mobile is a good meter for when out and about, its every thing in one, no test strips or lancets to dispose of when your out. Strips are on a cassette that just winds the used strip after use into the cassette, the lacing device has a cartridge of 6 lancets and self contained out of the way. The lancing device is attached to the side of the meter, though can be removed if required, just need my doc to give me a prescription for this meter as well as the main meter.

violet6763

I started a dafne course at my local hospital today and was given a True Result twist meter Its slightly bigger than the top of a test strip pot and fits on the top of one. I was so chuffed. It was like Christmas.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the Accuchek mobile, free from the Accuchek site along with free batteries and diaries. No messing with testing strips as the whole thing is on a cassette

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App