Type 1 Blood glucose testing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
why would my doctor tell me testing my sugars 4:5 times a day is not needed?! Surely to get my sugars in control I have to be testing at least 4 times a day?

All over me asking for extra test strips a month - he only prescribed me 50 strips for the month!

katmcd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
UK? That's absolutely not enough for type 1. I need to check twice a day if I even think about driving a return journey which would use your supply up alone in less than a month. As far as I was told by my DSN, test before meals, before bed, before and after exercise and before driving. Once I explained that to my GP he was happy to prescribe 4 boxes of 50 strips at a time. And if I was ill I'd need more. Certainly have a word with your diabetes team to have a chat with the GP if he won't listen to you. And put in a complaint to the practice too if it doesn't get changed.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
UK? That's absolutely not enough for type 1. I need to check twice a day if I even think about driving a return journey which would use your supply up alone in less than a month. As far as I was told by my DSN, test before meals, before bed, before and after exercise and before driving. Once I explained that to my GP he was happy to prescribe 4 boxes of 50 strips at a time. And if I was ill I'd need more. Certainly have a word with your diabetes team to have a chat with the GP if he won't listen to you. And put in a complaint to the practice too if it doesn't get changed.

Yes the UK! I will deffo be complaining about the practice! I don't know how they expect me to get my sugars in control if I can't test and correct!