Blood ketone meter anyone?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was on sglt-2 inhibitors the first time I had it, but not the second and third. I was only on metformin and trulicity. I’ve now been put on insulin after this last episode. My consultant called me weird and another dr said I was a unicorn as I was so rare.

I know it’s not normal to get eudka with a keto diet. I think the keto diet is the way forward. It makes sense to me.

My understanding is EuDKA is a known issue and warning for the Forxiga/Flozin classes of drugs these days, so for those taking SGLT-2 Inhibitors, reduced carb and/or keto diets need to be embraced with caution and adequate monitoring.

You've had a tough time, but I think that context is crucial for anyone trying to understand your scenario and also EuDKA in general terms. Thank you for clarifying.

Reactions: JacquelineGough

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My first post was supposed to be in response to ianf0ster but it didn’t work properly for some reason. Sorry if I caused confusion

No worries, Jacqueline, such is the power of the written word. Your follow up clarification has helped tremendously.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr Bernstein -type 1 diabetic is his 80's has a whole video series on diabetes - he was an engineer and developed the basal bolus method for insulin.
His view is you don't need ketone measurement except to keep the lawyers off your back and low carb is good for type-1. He's been low-carb hard-exercise for 40 years. Swe YouTube.
Article on this site
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/201...ptional-type-1-diabetes-control-91241367.html