Blood machine finger pricker

Maisie1998

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm Type 1 and have been for nearly 19 years. This may sound like an odd question. I use the accu chek expert just because it's easiest for me with insulin dosage and my carbs. I've been using the same finger pricker needle for months, I've tried to order them at the chemist and they have told me the pricker needles (accu chek multiclix, I believe) have been discontinued. Does anyone know if I can get just the finger prickers for machines? I have a perfoma nano as a spare machine but I have no pricker for that unfortunately . Using the same needle over and over is not really an option for my fingers

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I had a prescription just 10 days ago for the Fastclix drums. They are still available

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I'm Type 1 and have been for nearly 19 years. This may sound like an odd question. I use the accu chek expert just because it's easiest for me with insulin dosage and my carbs. I've been using the same finger pricker needle for months, I've tried to order them at the chemist and they have told me the pricker needles (accu chek multiclix, I believe) have been discontinued. Does anyone know if I can get just the finger prickers for machines? I have a perfoma nano as a spare machine but I have no pricker for that unfortunately . Using the same needle over and over is not really an option for my fingers

Why not call AccuCheck and ask them for a lancing device?It is highly unlikely to be exactly like you're using, but they'd will not want you to choose a different meter, just because you can't get lancing sharps.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Is this the one you use? If not and yours has been discontinued try emailing accu for advice?

I sometimes have to call around to get other medication prescriptions filled when there are shortages so you pricker device might still be available from a different pharmacy (I often find the independent pharmacies are better at trying to get scarce stuff then the big chains).

https://www.accu-chek.co.uk/finger-prickers/fastclix

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi,

Didnt read your post very well. The multiclix have been discontinued. Give Accu check a call and they will send you a Fastclix free of charge

Maisie1998

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay thank you for all your replies. I will contact accu chek and hopefully it will all be sorted!!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As I understand it the Multiclix device and so presumably the drums for it have been discontinued and have been replaced by the Fastclix and drums. This (and other finger pricking devices) are not tied to a specific meter, their sole purpose is to produce that drop of blood for your test strip. It's just the meter and test strips that have to be compatible.

I've used the Fastclix with three different brands of meter.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I too use the Fastclix with what ever meter I am using to test it realy does not matter what you use to produce the blood droplet.

As long as it is sterile.