blood moniters

tenpin

hi i hope some one can help me i am at my first diabetic nurses appointment on wednesday and i was talking to a friend the other day who is also diabetic and i was asking her how many times a day she tests her blood only to be told that she doesnt test her blood as she was not given a moniter now i am really confused as another friend tests her blood several times a day so what is right can any body help me please ie should the nurse offer me a moniter or not
many thanks

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I think only a miniority of diabetes clinics and/or GP nurses are supplied with free BG testing meters. If you wish to test (which I most strongly recommend) you can either buy from a chemist of apply to a test strip manufacturer for a free one.
One tip when you apply .. lie if you are T2 on oral meds only and say you are now using insulin or they might refuse. It is not uncommon for a T2 at times to be swapped over to insulin (and back again) so you do not have to register as a T1.
If you think you might stumble on the phone, then apply via e-mail (the contact us slot) through the suppliers website.

A meter that I find to be very easy to use and read is the AccuChek Nano as the large numbers are illuminated.

http://www.accu-chek.co.uk/gb/products/ ... 2Aod-xRL-g

The 'contact us' link is printed in small blue at the bottom of the above page.