Blood pressure

Lily 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
hi,
Looking for advice really I saw my nurse 2 weeks ago and my blood pressure was not checked. I have been monitoring this myself at home and it’s regularly 140 odd over 80/90 odd, my pulse is always in the 90s or 100s but that is normal for me it has been for years I was under a cardiac doctor and he said it was sinus tachycardia and no treatment, any how I was curious as I was tested for diabetes a year ago and was all clear with a normal bp now a year later it’s higher and I’m diabetic all in the space of a year ( no weight gain in that year ) again sorry for loosing track but that bp seems high to me and I’m wondering if it’s medication high and should I be booking to see dr after Easter holidays. Thank you for any replies.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
More than 120 over 80 and less than 140 over 90 (120/80-140/90) is consider normal.

The average resting heart rate for an adult is between 60 and 100 beats per minute, while well-conditioned athletes can achieve between 40 and 60 beats per minute. The maximum pulse rate is 220 minus your age, and the target for a healthy pulse rate during, or just after, exercise, is 60-80 per cent of this.

Lily 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Best get myself to the dr after Easter, thank you. It’s confusing with diabetes as google had so many different ranges one site said for a diabetic it should be below 115/80 and I’m way off that.