Blood Sugar 4-5 hours after meal.

KingXi

Hi guys,

I have secondary diabetes which started about 7 months ago after my pancreatectomy.

I take Tresiba at bedtime to bring my morning levels below 7 mmol.

I have noticed over the span of several months that my blood sugars will stay in the same range post meal for several hours.

I have tested 5 times from the time of one hour post meal to 5 hours post meal and my numbers are approximately the same in the range of 7.7mmol-8.5 mmol.

I understand Secondary diabetes can be a little more unpredictable, is what I'm going through dangerous levels? any advice on what my levels indicate would be greatly appreciated.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I wouldn't say they are dangerous. Diet of course has a lot to do with levels, so if they are in the range you stated for 5 hrs then I'd be trying to lower them some. It's all trial and error. And it can be difficult, I find keto works for me. I do take insulin, but it keeps the requirement low. I also find eating to a pattern reproduces more predictable results than just eating differently at each meal. And what I mean by that is you can chop and change what you eat, but keeping the macros about the same helps with getting results that are more predictable and makes life easier I find.

Personally, I try to really avoid numbers in the 8's.... but that is a standard I set for myself. Not something you should do, what works for one, doesn't for another, so you will learn things as you go and work out your own plan.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

KingXi

I wouldn't say they are dangerous. Diet of course has a lot to do with levels, so if they are in the range you stated for 5 hrs then I'd be trying to lower them some. It's all trial and error. And it can be difficult, I find keto works for me. I do take insulin, but it keeps the requirement low. I also find eating to a pattern reproduces more predictable results than just eating differently at each meal. And what I mean by that is you can chop and change what you eat, but keeping the macros about the same helps with getting results that are more predictable and makes life easier I find.

Personally, I try to really avoid numbers in the 8's.... but that is a standard I set for myself. Not something you should do, what works for one, doesn't for another, so you will learn things as you go and work out your own plan.

Thank you sir, I see your flavour reads you're a Type 3c member, if you get a chance are you able to read my other thread in the type 3c sub forum and give me your thoughts or what kind of a road I may possibly be in store for?