Blood sugar and cortisone injection

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It is common for steroids (such as cortisol) to push blood sugars up.
The size and duration of the rise is rise is one of those length of string things - it varies.

Monitor and, if your levels go up, you may want to consider increasing your basal if you are confident to do so.

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It is common for steroids (such as cortisol) to push blood sugars up.
The size and duration of the rise is rise is one of those length of string things - it varies.

Monitor and, if your levels go up, you may want to consider increasing your basal if you are confident to do so.

it’s coincided with pump change day for me too so currently got my basal running at 130% will see if it needs tweaking again in a couple of hours thanks!

Reactions: In Response

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We're all different, and it depends how much steroid was injected, but when I had my shoulder injected I needed about 150% to begin with, and it gradually tapered off. However, it wasn't a steady slope down, so lots of extra blood tests were needed as it was easy to get caught out with hypo's/hyper's. Hope it helps your heel. They can be very painful injections!!

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
We're all different, and it depends how much steroid was injected, but when I had my shoulder injected I needed about 150% to begin with, and it gradually tapered off. However, it wasn't a steady slope down, so lots of extra blood tests were needed as it was easy to get caught out with hypo's/hyper's. Hope it helps your heel. They can be very painful injections!!

Yes it was pretty excruciating! Seems to have settled now but had quite a busy night of adjustments!