Blood Sugar Blueprint - Microbiome Testing

P

Peter_Sylvester

Hi @Kate_B & guys
I have an iPhone and use the reader, and connect it to my computer around once a week.
You can download the data into a Text or csv file as @Scott-C says, and then export it into an excel spreadsheet.
Delete the columns and data that you dont want, and the world is your lobster.

The connection to my laptop each week keeps the reader active for at least a week (only ever got down to 50% charge on the reader)

You definitely dont need to buy an extra Android phone......
Hope this helps
Peter

Reactions: Kate_B

Kate_B

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
War, news
Hi @Kate_B & guys
I have an iPhone and use the reader, and connect it to my computer around once a week.
You can download the data into a Text or csv file as @Scott-C says, and then export it into an excel spreadsheet.
Delete the columns and data that you dont want, and the world is your lobster.

The connection to my laptop each week keeps the reader active for at least a week (only ever got down to 50% charge on the reader)

You definitely dont need to buy an extra Android phone......
Hope this helps
Peter
Hi Peter,
Thank you for confirming this. I will be buying a starter pack soon, unfortunately I’ll have to wait until January to get it.
It’s good to know that I can get the CSV file. With that I can prepare all sorts of analysis and tie up all the readings with various foods and hopefully spot trends.
Can you tell me how often the data is recorded; is it every minute?

P

Peter_Sylvester

I believe that the sensor records every minute, and holds up to 8 hours worth of data. When you take a physical reading with the reader, it downloads the last 8 hours worth of data.
So if you dont download for 8 hours (perhaps you are having a lie in..?) then the report will show a short gap on the graph.

Once you plug the reader into the usb connector, then from the "File" menu on your laptop, you can export the data - and play to your hearts content..!

For me, the major benefit was being able to track my "recovery times" from differing foods. It ranged from 60 minutes to four hours..!

Good luck - I hope it works for you in the same way that it has for me.

Kate_B

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
War, news
I believe that the sensor records every minute, and holds up to 8 hours worth of data. When you take a physical reading with the reader, it downloads the last 8 hours worth of data.
So if you dont download for 8 hours (perhaps you are having a lie in..?) then the report will show a short gap on the graph.

Once you plug the reader into the usb connector, then from the "File" menu on your laptop, you can export the data - and play to your hearts content..!

For me, the major benefit was being able to track my "recovery times" from differing foods. It ranged from 60 minutes to four hours..!

Good luck - I hope it works for you in the same way that it has for me.
Thanks Peter, once a minute is great; that’s probably more data than is needed. But better to have more rather than less.

A pity about the 8 hour long log. That’s my typical sleep time, so I’d need to download just prior to bedtime and right after waking for a full set of results.

Anyway, beside these limitations, it’s should be a huge improvement over finger pricking!

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The "once a minute" means that whenever you scan, it can tell you what direction your BG is moving in, as well as the level.

It a shame that it does not average the results every 5 minutes, only keep the per minute results for a few hours, so it can then store a complete day’s results, but in less detail.