Blood sugar Control

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Such a shame. My nurse was raving about Tresiba-thinks it’s great & good for me as reduced the night time hypos
Like I can see their logic for recommending it. As you were on a 'flat' Basal rate on your pump, they must've thought Tresiba would be an easy adjustment. However, like I say, when I was prescribed Tresiba they did ask me "are you likely to need to different rates on different days on a regular basis?" and stressed if the answer was yes, then Tresiba wouldn't work for me. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have been given that warning.

BertSmyth1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Like I can see their logic for recommending it. As you were on a 'flat' Basal rate on your pump, they must've thought Tresiba would be an easy adjustment. However, like I say, when I was prescribed Tresiba they did ask me "are you likely to need to different rates on different days on a regular basis?" and stressed if the answer was yes, then Tresiba wouldn't work for me. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have been given that warning.
No I wasn’t made aware & no response from my nurse still

BertSmyth1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So today has been a nightmare, 1st day back at work, ended up leaving at 1
I had 30 grams carbs at breakfast that was it
Been to hospital to get checked
Not getting much help from diabetic team
I feel I am unable to control my siabetes

Attachments

• 4F2E8A64-FCA2-4A0E-B690-1868227AFF1B.png
    4F2E8A64-FCA2-4A0E-B690-1868227AFF1B.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 87

BertSmyth1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The hospital dr said I need to contact my DSN
She does not work Mondays but the other nurse does (who was there when they took me off the pump)
Don’t know whether to contact her?

passiles1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
These highs are happening on my work days, can’t really inject any earlier
Bananas I’m fine with
My nurse thinks it could be my sites, had diabetes 17 years now
To me. Seems now my control is worse than when on the pump

I have had type 1 for 60 years and inject in my backside. I use a libre and log my results on a excel spreadsheet which I have created. This allows me to record the time I have eaten food and what I have eaten, the teas I have drunk,any excercise I have done, the insulin I have taken and my blood glucose results. It totals up my daily insulin take by type and calculates average glucose. I also include blood pressure readings. This gives me some insight on how my diet is affecting my blood glucose and how long it takes for the insulin to work. You are welcome to a copy if you think it would help