Blood Sugar Issues

johnkershaw7

Hello everyone,

Hope you are well.

I have suffered with Idiopathic Postprandial Syndrome for over 5 years, initially it took a long time to get diagnosed. This is a condition where i get symptoms similar to Reactive Hypoglycemia but no low blood sugar can be found. I get the same symptoms such as feeling light headed, weak and a adrenaline like rush after eating something high in carbohydrates. A low carbohydrate diet has completely resolved my symptoms, which i am pleased about.

However over the last 2 weeks, i have started getting bad urges to use the toilet to urinate frequently. This comes on every 2 - 3 hours throughout the day, sometimes there is not even alot of urine to pass when i go. My GP has done lots of blood tests and checked for a urine infection etc. No real cause can be found, i am feeling really depressed about this, at work i am always going to the toilet. I have cut down my social life completely as i am worried to go anywhere.

Does anyone know any medication or anything that can help over the counter from a pharmacy that might be worth trying please? Further does anyone know what may be causing these symptoms please and what may be happening, could it be linked to my low blood sugar type symptoms

Thank you so much everyone for your time and thank you for reading my post.

Best Wishes,

John

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome @johnkershaw7

I can only suggest that you get yourself to a doctor for a full checkup, because there are many different reasons for increased urination, and they aren’t all to do with glucose dysregulation.

Most people have heard that peeing all the time is a symptom of diabetes. But in fact it is a symptom of high blood glucose. Diabetics with normal or low blood glucose don’t have the excess peeing unless there is something else going on too.

So if you are happy that your low carbing is keeping your blood glucose low/normal and steady, then I would be making that doc appt.

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello everyone,

Hope you are well.

I have suffered with Idiopathic Postprandial Syndrome for over 5 years, initially it took a long time to get diagnosed. This is a condition where i get symptoms similar to Reactive Hypoglycemia but no low blood sugar can be found. I get the same symptoms such as feeling light headed, weak and a adrenaline like rush after eating something high in carbohydrates. A low carbohydrate diet has completely resolved my symptoms, which i am pleased about.

However over the last 2 weeks, i have started getting bad urges to use the toilet to urinate frequently. This comes on every 2 - 3 hours throughout the day, sometimes there is not even alot of urine to pass when i go. My GP has done lots of blood tests and checked for a urine infection etc. No real cause can be found, i am feeling really depressed about this, at work i am always going to the toilet. I have cut down my social life completely as i am worried to go anywhere.

Does anyone know any medication or anything that can help over the counter from a pharmacy that might be worth trying please? Further does anyone know what may be causing these symptoms please and what may be happening, could it be linked to my low blood sugar type symptoms

Thank you so much everyone for your time and thank you for reading my post.

Best Wishes,

John

Welcome to our forum, John.
I am so pleased for you, not the frequency of going the toilet, but getting a true diagnosis of your condition.
As with such a rare and unusual condition, if you didn't get an endocrinologist who knew what he/she was looking for, then I would have imagined that life would have been really difficult for you.
I bet you were stunned to discover, something that you would have never heard of before?
I would contact your endocrinologist, and ask his opinion about the frequency.
I go a lot during the night, but am okay through the day, my endocrinologist opinion of why is, the meds, my age, and how often I rehydrate, I drink a lot of tea and water. I should be drinking decaffeinated tea really.
A couple of questions if I may.
What was the list of tests you needed to have to get a diagnosis?
How did your GP react to the diagnosis?
What was your recommended dietary treatment for your condition?

I only ask because of my journey to diagnosis, I am intrigued by the battle we have to go through to get there. And of course the discussions I have had with my endocrinologist over dietary treatment.

My best wishes