1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blood sugars and Oramorph

Discussion in 'Type 2 with Insulin' started by Mungobean, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Mungobean

Mungobean Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, I take Oramorph daily for pain, but I see that it has a fair amount of sugar in it. Has anyone been prescribed a sugar free version? Has it affected your sugar levels? I’ve asked my GP about sugar free versions but he still hasn’t got back to me. I suspect that if there is a sugar free version it will be more expensive?

Thanks in advance

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jaywak

jaywak Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If it does contain sugar I would think the amount would be so small that it would not matter anyway !

3. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Master
    Retired Moderator

4. Struma

Struma Type 2 · Well-Known Member

There appears to be inconsistency. Some products report 'sugar free', some 'contains sucrose'. No mention of artificial sweeteners, but I reckon there probably is.
    Wockardt version says 1.5g/5ml. A pharmacist is really good at rooting these things out. The formulary has definitely changed over the years, and I find it to be a bitter, distasteful taste currently. The version I had last year reports 'contains sucrose' certainly never affected or spiked my blood sugars.

Edit: artificial sweeteners.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook