Reactive Hypoglycemia Blood sugars lowered

Barbara93

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone
Firstly I am not diabetic but have always felt dizzy, weak, sick if I didn’t eat on time. I am hypothyroid on levothyroxine. No other medications. I don’t drink or smoke and BMI is around 20. My first HBA1C was 40 many years ago, so I decided to get a meter and check few times a week. Mostly morning BS which have been 5.6-5.8 highest 6.1 consistently for last 4 years. My last HBA1C was 40 in February. I had been having porridge for breakfast for years and decided to try Wheetabix and see if I was ok on that. I tried one for couple of weeks but now have 2. Since this change for last 3 weeks BS morning have been 4.9 and sometimes lower 2 hours after breakfast. I have started to feel a bit shakey again and I am trying to have something every 3-4 hours. It’s bizzare I’ve tested several times during day and always under 5.2. First time in years. My question is could it be the change from porridge? and a slight increase in fibre? I know I don’t need to worry too much and many of you are thinking good for you but it is quite a drastic change. I’ve read up on reactive hypoglycaemia and feel I’ve often had symptoms of that. Should I have a repeat HBA1C in couple of months
Thanks

mouseee

All of those numbers are perfectly in the normal range. Different things will affect bg, what you've eaten, hormones, stress etc. 5.2 to 4.9 isn't a very big change either.
Hba1c of 40 is also in the normal range.
Is there a reason you're testing so many times at the moment? If you're not diabetic and your numbers are normal I just wonder how its helping you?