Blood sugars

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure life's not as simple as this but...my blood sugars have been steady in the 5's for a lot of this week, am I right if I was to have a Hba1c right now I would get reading of about 31. ? And what would the GP,s reaction be?, no I'm not so daft to think I would be cured, just under control.

I was 68 on diagnosis, and 58 at my first review and have been really good since I started monitoring, pinging up foods that spike me, and yes it's the usual, bread, pasta, rice, cakes , chocolate etc. I really thought I was being moderate prior to monitoring but soon learned the errors of my ways. I'm now having anywhere between 30 -50g carbs a day, and it's making a huge difference.HOWEVER..I'm unable to drink 3ltrs of water a day. I try...but if I drink more than 1ltr plus the normal cups of tea etc, I'm up peeing all night. Any tips on fluid management or links would be great.

And finally....ketosis, I've read various write ups, some good, some goofy. My weight has dropped 3lbs in 5 days, which is great as my BMI is around 34 and in fairness I'm feeling in the main great, but ( there's always a but ) ...is ketosis really the holy grail of controlling BG, and losing weight ...im thinking yes and I'm interested...very interested in learning more. :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Most of us who have moved on to a ketogenic if diet have found it beneficial for blood sugar and weight control. Take a look at the Lichfield section of the forum for more information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people