Blood test for diabetes tomorrow

I have to phone for the results of a second blood test tomorrow 6 weeks after the previous test where the doctor says I am in an acceptable range of 6 to 7 but my meter readings show an 30 day average of 9.7 and high readings over night after fasting of 12. 3 often higher than a reading of perhaps 9.7 the previous evening ,taken before going to bed and at least 2 hours after eating or drinking.If I do not eat during the day for 5-6 hours and miss ameal I can get my redings dopwn to 6-7 but sometimes feel quite funny for not having eaten anything.I have been diagnosed as diabetic for around 5 years now and tried to control it with diet and have been successful up until this year.I do find I need to urinate at least 2-3 times per night and do find that (being a frequent visitor to Spain) that I need to be very careful in monitoring myself as in hot weather I drop below 4 and have experienced hypos (usually with a reading of 2.4 ) but can now recognise when these are coming on and either take glucose tablets as an immediate solution until I can get some carbohydrate or carry a small packet of biscuits as another short term measure.
My problem now is that because of an ongoing back problem I cannot excercise as much as I would like,and like you am now concerned at what I am going to be told by the GP and what do I do next. Should I insist on a second opinion as has been suggested or should I insist on medication.
Who is right the Gp or what my body is telling me, ie:-falling asleep in the afternoon, feeling grotty for no apparent reason, forever needing the toilet very quickly after a drink,high readings from my meter (a new one because the GP felt the old one was giving false readings).

Blood test for Diabetes yes it is essential you find out but it is also essential you have a good care team and faith in the treatment and diagnosis.
I know this may not be the correct response to the forum posted but I felt the need to get these things off my chest and would be happy to hear from anyone else to my own dilemma.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya andrew,
if your doctor still wont prescribe some meds u do have the right to be put on them, everyone has a right to a second opinion and your bs is obviously too high,
let us know how u get on :D