blood test, high white blood cell count?

Luckiiiineko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry all if this is in the wrong topic!! I had a blood test done last week and got a call yesterday saying they need to repeat the full blood count as my white blood cells are slightly high, I'm of course worried as I've never had an issue like this before and wondered if anyone else has had this?
Cheers guys!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry all if this is in the wrong topic!! I had a blood test done last week and got a call yesterday saying they need to repeat the full blood count as my white blood cells are slightly high, I'm of course worried as I've never had an issue like this before and wondered if anyone else has had this?
Cheers guys!!

Luckiiiineko - One of the most common reasons for raised white cells is an infection somewhere, so I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. It could be something as simple as a low grade urinary tract infection, although there are other reasons this could be happening too.

All of that said, it is important to follow through with the retest to check it out.

Good luck with it all..

Luckiiiineko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Luckiiiineko - One of the most common reasons for raised white cells is an infection somewhere, so I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. It could be something as simple as a low grade urinary tract infection, although there are other reasons this could be happening too.

All of that said, it is important to follow through with the retest to check it out.

Good luck with it all..

Thank you, retest on Sunday so fingers crossed it's all okay! :)