Blood test reaction

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all..

Been to the doctors this morning for blood tests and noticed immense pain soon after I left there..struggled to drive home..by the time I arrived home my arm at the insert point for tests is very swollen and the pain has got worse up and down my left arm..also I can barely lift it..I've applied cold pack to it for an hour or so (per advice from the nurse) and still no better and the swelling hasn't gone down either..

Does anyone have any advice as I'm a little worried

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all..

Been to the doctors this morning for blood tests and noticed immense pain soon after I left there..struggled to drive home..by the time I arrived home my arm at the insert point for tests is very swollen and the pain has got worse up and down my left arm..also I can barely lift it..I've applied cold pack to it for an hour or so (per advice from the nurse) and still no better and the swelling hasn't gone down either..

Does anyone have any advice as I'm a little worried

In your shoes I'd call the surgery again and ask if someone would look at the arm for me, just to check it out.

Do you have a bruise evident at all?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes do make the call phlebotomy injuries are not unheard of the area where blood is drawn has many nerves and tendons around it in fact the last blood test I had done a couple of weeks ago was quite painful the phlebotomist said she thought she may have nicked a tendon or a nerve the effects if not sorted can be unpleasant and can last sometime and can at times lead to more serious complication if ignored or left untreated.