blood test results today

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I started off at 46 last August (although it was November before I found out so can discount those 3 months) and my Hba1c on 30 April was 38:) this is all thanks to everything I have read on here so a huge thank you to everyone:)

Reactions: 10 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done excellent result, are you doing anything special Low Carb diet ?

I am doing LCHF which seems to be working so far. I am losing weight, fairly slowly but that is OK as I know it won't be a quick fix:)

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Im also on my version of LCHF diet, dropped from 128 kg to 88 presently, and that's about were I want to stay I do exercise a fair amount as well
HbA1c went from 9 to 4.6 in the same period, but is now round the 5.4 mark this is over about 4 years
So you defiantly on the right path.
Loosing weight slowly is better in the long run, as it tends to stay off.
Do you want to loose a lot more ?

Reactions: 2 people

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Hi Rexel
LCHF stands for Low Carb High Fat a eating plan that is growing among diabetics, as combined with exercise defiantly helps in loosing weight, but more importantly controlling blood glucose.
If you loof at the forums you will find a lot of info, or ask and someone will help.

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Stop " White" foods Carbohydrates ie Sugar, White Bread, Rice Potatoes, Pasta etc. and replace with vegetables, protein etc.
There are degrees of LCHF diets, depending on how you react to certain foods, the forums cover it well

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Im also on my version of LCHF diet, dropped from 128 kg to 88 presently, and that's about were I want to stay I do exercise a fair amount as well
HbA1c went from 9 to 4.6 in the same period, but is now round the 5.4 mark this is over about 4 years
So you defiantly on the right path.
Loosing weight slowly is better in the long run, as it tends to stay off.
Do you want to loose a lot more ?

well done both on your weight and Hba1c. I have gone from 63 kg to 55 kg and now have a bmi under 25. I have this idea of losing the same again but not really sure what my ideal weight is. I will know when I get there!

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
I think a BMI of 25 is just within the normal range, 26 is the top of normal, so your current weight sounds about right. It all depends on how you feel

Reactions: 2 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think a BMI of 25 is just within the normal range, 26 is the top of normal, so your current weight sounds about right. It all depends on how you feel

I would like to lose a little bit more to feel better

rexel

I have lost 14 lb this 10 months by cutting out white bread chok bars ect my reading whent to nurse last oct was 48

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
I would like to lose a little bit more to feel better
Good Luck, I found as I lost weight I felt better as I dropped, I will probable still loose a bit, LCHF becomes a way of life, and I don't really miss carbs that much

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
I have lost 14 lb this 10 months by cutting out white bread chok bars ect my reading whent to nurse last oct was 48
Well done, should have a Hba1c done ever 3 to 6 months, so you due ?

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
would testing my one blood with a bg meter and test strips show up reduction in blood sugar levels
Hi Rexel,
Your blood meter and strips test the estimated amount of glucose in your body at the time you test.
If you have an HbA1c blood test done were they draw a sample of blood, this result gives you the average amount of glucose (Sugar) in your blood over the last 9 to 12 weeks before the test. This is the best and most accurate test for Blood Glucose and Diabetes indicator
It is recommended you have these done every 3 to 6 months and you should aim to get this number as low as you can.