Blood Test Results

rosenrot

At last I have had the results of my second fasting blood test.

It has come back saying normal!!!

It might sound strange that i am slightly disappointed, as i still, have all the symptoms and my self testing averaged out at between 9 and 11. :|

I have made an appointment to see my doctor as I dont know what the figures for this one came in at. The first one was over 7.

Is it possible to be a little bit diabetic? Please don't think I'm mad.

I have been feeling unwell for so long that I had hoped that this was the answer. :(

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Rosentrot,

After your first test at 7, which would indicate diabetes, you really need to know what the actual result was of this one. "Normal" is not a scientific assessment, it is someone's opinion.

saz1

Hi there,

if you are diabetic then you are diabetic, but there seems to be as many variables as there are people. Some people seem to have less insulin resistance and react well to diet changes well so their remaining pancreatic action can manage the foods they eat. You can also be prediabetic or have impaired glucose tolerance. Like pointed out earlier, you need to find out your actual numbers and have a good chat with your doctor since judging by your numbers you would be on the diabetic side of the border. But you need to be persistent and get proper results because sooner the problem is tackled, sooner you will feel better and feel in control of your life! Good luck and keep us posted!

rosenrot

Thank you Denis and Saz1,

I seem to be getting nowhere fast. I am going back to see my doctor and speak to her about my results and the readings from my self testing.

I am just so fed up and down at the moment as my chest pains and breathlessness have come back too. I have CHD.

rosenrot :(

saz1

I'm glad you are going to see your doc, especially since your chd is symptomatic too. As you probably know, diabetes and chd often go hand in hand so sooner you get treated the better!

Trinkwasser

Somewhere around here

http://www.bloodsugar101.com/

are some papers pointing out the the majority of Type 2 variants start with raised postprandials and the fasting numbers are the last to go south. A GTT would be diagnostic. Failing that, take in some of your own BG readings taken about an hour after eating a carby meal.

This is one of the things that fooled my previous doctors. Normal fastings, postprandials anywhere from 11.something to 3.something, they don't find what they aren't looking for