Blood Testing & Self Treatment: Your Current Experiences

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Collecting all the information is fair and well but I think we are all guilty of treating it as write-only data for the most part. Until we need to make changes.

Applying some machine learning techniques could actually help out with either alerting you when things are changing that you need to be aware of, or actually giving suggestions on where you should go.
I work with a bunch of seriously talented computer scientists but the problem is that this, for the most part, is not an interesting computer science problem for them or they are scared to go getting involved in anything that can be perceived as "giving medical advice" due to the legal ramifications.
Even so I think if you have some sort of service collecting the data and analysing it in the background it could certainly give you some early warnings perhaps.

I am a big fan on having a smartphone app as a part of the package (maybe not the actual meter) since you can use the accelerometers to collect activity data as well as providing a tool to record data and perhaps do look ups on old meals. I know I forget a particular meal I had in a restaurant 6 months ago where I guessed it perfectly. Tie in to the GPS and the service could kick back at you your history in that location (where it is not work or home at least)

Reactions: 2 people

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror
high, i have been on a week carb counting course, which was useful and should have been offered to me 20 years ago, only put on it as i showed an interest in the pump.

meters, the smaller the better love the idea of an all in one, one that pricks your finger and you just drop a drop of blood onto it! i find the acu-check mobile to bulky for me. so a small meter, all in one.

good luck with project

(type 1)