Blood Testing-too High :/

ConnorFowles1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Salad and most healthy foods lol.
Blood glucose 12.9 after treating a hypo 3.4 an hour ago. Shows I needed to take a touch of insulin for them sweets after my glucose tabs...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Blood glucose 12.9 after treating a hypo 3.4 an hour ago. Shows I needed to take a touch of insulin for them sweets after my glucose tabs...

Hi @ConnorFowles1 ,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice van in your profile pic. Though I'm more a. Mazda Bongo person myself.. :)

Was that 3 quarters of an hour prior..? How low were you, & how many carbs were consumed in treating?

Reactions: ConnorFowles1

ConnorFowles1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @ConnorFowles1 ,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice van in your profile pic. Though I'm more a. Mazda Bongo person myself.. :)

Was that 3 quarters of an hour prior..? How low were you, & how many carbs were consumed in treating?

Haha, thankyou I do love my vdubs :)
I should of tested 15 mins after my hypo (3.4) but as it was nearing lunch I decided to leave it... I would say I took about 50g + of carbs in total after which was obviously too much. I’ve just had my lunch and took a correction. I’ll update my status at around 1:30 to let you know if my sugar has come down. I’m aiming for about 6-7mmol.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha, thankyou I do love my vdubs :)
I should of tested 15 mins after my hypo (3.4) but as it was nearing lunch I decided to leave it... I would say I took about 50g + of carbs in total after which was obviously too much. I’ve just had my lunch and took a correction. I’ll update my status at around 1:30 to let you know if my sugar has come down. I’m aiming for about 6-7mmol.

Hi,

I normally leave post hypo testing a little longer than 15mins? Reason being; testing is like a snapshot in the blood timeline of upto 20 minutes prior?
Say at midday i had a low & tested at 3.4, then treated (eaten something.) & 10 minutes later tested again? it could show the same number or even a little lower like a 3.2 or 2,8?? You will already be on the rise But what you are seeing is what happened at 11.40 & 11.50am, even though it was treated at 12..

It's always advisable to treat a low straight away with about 15g of carbs. You never know where it's heading.. ;)

ConnorFowles1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Okay, thankyou for your help.. most appreciated:)
Connor

Reactions: Jaylee

ConnorFowles1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just tested again now and down to 7.5:) couldn’t be happier...

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey! It's pretty easy to "go locust" when hypo. The trick is not to wind up in a situation where you need to correct the "over indulgence" & end up with a double dip.!

Just tested again now and down to 7.5:) couldn’t be happier...

Just seen this. Looking good. Keep a close eye on the BGs this afternoon. Just incase... ;)

Haslam55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My problem with treating a hypo is if, for instance I go low less than 4) about 2 hours after my breakfast porridge cow which I have bolused 3units (1.5u for 10g carb a.m) pump will show 1.5 units insulin rema