Bloods normal but so tired...

KittyKatty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been getting bouts of sleepiness lately but my bloods are fine. On Friday I came over jittery on the train journey home and as soon as I got through my front door I tested my bloods and they were a respectable 4.2.

Is it too easy to blame diabetes when an ailment or glitch in the body occurs?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Oh yes, it is very normal to blame diabetes for every ache, pain and jitteryness. We've all done it. We may be diabetic but we also get other medical issues unrelated to diabetes, just like every other person. Sleepiness and tiredness can be a symptom of lots of things. One that springs to mind (and I'm no doctor) is iron deficiency or anaemia. Perhaps you should go to your GP. Blood tests may be able to solve matters.

Reactions: 2 people

chard

Could be a million things. are you sleeping ok? do you have any stress issues or a change in your life? Depression, boredom , too much exercise (although thats a good tiredness) or not enough exercise.. the list goes on .
Ive been constantly tired for years but im constantly stressed and i have back pain so i dont sleep well . if it is a concern i would go to the GP and he/she will probably ask similar questions to mine and give you a blood test. Perhaps you are deficient in a particular vitimin or mineral. Good luck

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been getting bouts of sleepiness lately but my bloods are fine. On Friday I came over jittery on the train journey home and as soon as I got through my front door I tested my bloods and they were a respectable 4.2.

Is it too easy to blame diabetes when an ailment or glitch in the body occurs?

I agree with @Bluetit1802 that it's very easy to blame everything on diabetes, but please don't.

As this happened at close of play Friday, had you had a very hard week, or few weeks? Sometimes these things just catch up with us rather unexpectedly. Alternatively, were you also feeling hungry when you got in?

Regarding your 4.2 blood reading when you got it, you could, potentially, have been a bit lower and your liver had already interjected to dump some glucose in your blood, from it's natural, healthy reserves, bringing it up a bit.

Of course, you'll never know about that last bit of musing, but if this has happened before, or has unsettled you, I'd have a chat with my GP.

Hopefully it's "just one of those things" we all have from time to time, otherwise the chances are it's something simple, just a bit lacking.