Bloodshot eyes

Schmoukes

Hi everyone - I have been struggling for months now with bloodshot eyes, uncomfortable, sometimes weeping. I thought it was an allergy, hat fever ... but I have tried everything and nothing alleviates it. Might it be related to my T2 diabetes? I will get a doc’s appointment next week but really appreciate the wisdom of this group. Thanks

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone - I have been struggling for months now with bloodshot eyes, uncomfortable, sometimes weeping. I thought it was an allergy, hat fever ... but I have tried everything and nothing alleviates it. Might it be related to my T2 diabetes? I will get a doc’s appointment next week but really appreciate the wisdom of this group. Thanks

Schmoukes, that's an impossible question to answer really.

It's great you intend toask your Doc about it in the coming days, because, they're the ones with the answers in your circumstances.

Reactions: Schmoukes

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry, only just seen this. I had a diabetic dog who was horribly bloodshot. It was down to very high glucose. Do you test?

Schmoukes

Sorry, only just seen this. I had a diabetic dog who was horribly bloodshot. It was down to very high glucose. Do you test?

Hi - yes, I test and blood sugars are OK since Nov, when I went low carb. Thanks for replying - I was worried that it was diabetes related.

I have just had a diagnosis from the opticians - blepharitis - blocked oil glands leaving my eyes too dry. Apparently it’s very common. It’s not easy to alleviate or cure - lots of maintenance - but relieved to find that there’s no retinopathy so far.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My optician recommended (of all things) Johnsons no more tears baby shampoo on a cotton bud to clear mine - I can say it worked and was much less expensive than the wipes etc

Reactions: julie56