BloodThirsty

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What happened to @BloodThirsty 's thread about censorship?
I spent some time crafting a beautifully constructed post only to find the thread had disappeared, which possibly supports his point.

K

Knikki

Censorship or the one about Test Strips?

Guess they were either getting a little heated in the discussions or broke one of the forum rules, don't know, was in the middle of replying to one when it disappeared.

Guess the mods hit it with the ban hammer :hilarious:

Reactions: jjraak

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was wondering where the test strips one went whilst typing another long reply. Didn’t even realise there was another missing one. I do wish mods would post something to give a bit of an explanation if they delete posts or threads. Even if it’s just to quote the rule broken or something. It’s kind of frustrating if you’re participating and have no idea what happened.

Reactions: KK123 and Flora123
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I was wondering where the test strips one went whilst typing another long reply. Didn’t even realise there was another missing one. I do wish mods would post something to give a bit of an explanation if they delete posts or threads. Even if it’s just to quote the rule broken or something. It’s kind of frustrating if you’re participating and have no idea what happened.

I thought I had had a hypo ( get confused with a foggy mind) so went to check, definitely not, so I searched the threads and it had disappeared, with no explanation ( this thread will probably bite the dust too :rolleyes:)

Reactions: Knikki

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For content to be removed from view, by a Moderator, it will have been found inappropriate for the forum in some way. However, all Moderation events are taken against the Rules, and are discussed within the Mod community.

For anyone unaware of the locastion or content of the Community Ethos and Forum Rules, I would refer to here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/community-ethos-forum-rules.50278/

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For content to be removed from view, by a Moderator, it will have been found inappropriate for the forum in some way. However, all Moderation events are taken against the Rules, and are discussed within the Mod community.

For anyone unaware of the locastion or content of the Community Ethos and Forum Rules, I would refer to here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/community-ethos-forum-rules.50278/
Why not keep at least the thread title and explain what rule was broken, otherwise how are we to learn and not make the same mistake?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your feedback.

On this forum we do not name and shame or strive to create an environment leading to further disruption.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure that it’s naming and shaming. It’s not identifying who did what to anyone seeing a title and a rule. Mysteriously disappearing threads then provoke another and another, as in this case which seems fairly disruptive to me.

I’m pleased to hear it gets discussed between mods though.

Even a title and a comment “thread moderated” with all names removed would at least stop us searching for it futilely. Just my opinion.

Thanks for your response though

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure that it’s naming and shaming. It’s not identifying who did what to anyone seeing a title and a rule. Mysteriously disappearing threads then provoke another and another, as in this case which seems fairly disruptive to me.

I’m pleased to hear it gets discussed between mods though.

Even a title and a comment “thread moderated” with all names removed would at least stop us searching for it futilely. Just my opinion.

Thanks for your response though

Thanks for your opinion.

All Mod decisions are discussed within the group. Any member subject to moderation on a thread or PM receives a notification informing them of what has been done and why.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A thread can have many active participants such as bloodthirstys two, but only the OP gets notification that the thread has been deleted? a message to all participants just saying thread closed/removed would be better or if a thread is removed for whatever reason that other people have already commented on, the thread should be edited so it has the OP, and a comment from the moderator saying it's closed due to x or y rule broken (doesn't have to say by who) and obviously the thread is locked.

Reactions: HSSS and Sue192

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Has any body considered that making a member of the forum the subject of a thread in this way may be slightly embarrassing for that person.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Didn't need much of a bump now did it and so have you so there.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has any body considered that making a member of the forum the subject of a thread in this way may be slightly embarrassing for that person.
I did consider that, but as my post was in support of him and I didn't know the title of his original thread as it had been deleted, I thought it was ok.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I did consider that, but as my post was in support of him and I didn't know the title of his original thread as it had been deleted, I thought it was ok.

I appreciate your point of this being a supportive thread but can't help noticing that one person notably absent from this thread is the person in question with not one post or for that matter as far as I can tell like, so maybe it's time to let it sink from view I shall not bump it again.