1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blurry Eyes

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Helen_S-C, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Helen_S-C

Helen_S-C Type 1 · Active Member

Thank you for this Lucy this is a great help and comfort! My old gp gave me a meter but when I moved in the summer my new gp would give me strips on prescription. I'll get one ordered, the cost of strips has always put me off!

The problem with with my eyes has caused me to take serious control of my diet and it's only a few days but like you I need to see the sugar as a poison! Unfortunately my low bp is causing me to feel very dizzy and lightheaded so I can't really exercise much to help things along.

I'll check out those other links too as I think I need to understand diabetes a little more.

Thanks again

• Like Like x 2
  2. LucySW

LucySW Type 1.5 · Well-Known Member

You're very welcome. This is a good book I found useful for Type 2s - see if you fancy it.

3. Susikav

Susikav Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Helen - you've been getting good advice and support from our lovely members... :) If you're blood pressure is very low, shouldn't you come off the BP tablets? If you have changed your diet maybe that is the cause? Perhaps you should see your doctor?

• Like Like x 2
  4. LucySW

LucySW Type 1.5 · Well-Known Member

How's it going Helen?

5. Patricia c

Patricia c Type 2 · Newbie

Why is it that some doctors don't give meters out for type 2diabetes.I was diagnosed in July last year and got a meter straight away.I wouldn't have known what I was doing and if it was right without it.

6. old_treesurge

old_treesurge Type 2 · Newbie

JUST DONT WORRY AND WAIT UNTILL YOUR APPT

7. Kaz70

Kaz70 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think with some GPs the meter depends on the meds, my dad and I attend the same GP but are on different meds - he got a meter, I had to buy one!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook