1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

BM's and levels.

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by sue32, Sep 27, 2011.

1. sue32

sue32 · Well-Known Member

Ooh, I almost forgot. I very rarely eat breakfast....yes, yes, I know I should but I always feel very nauseous in the mornings and find it almost impossible to eat anything till about 11am. However, my fasting BM can be 4.1, but later, about 10am it can be 5.1!! Can someone explain to me why this happens??
    And I usually test about 2 hours after a meal, and it can be really good; between 4 and 5. BUT if I test an hour later it has usually shot up to about 6 or 7!! Why does this happen?? :eek: :eek:

2. Osidge

Osidge Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi Sue

I am no expert but your morning increase could be caused by your liver doing a glucose dump to supplement as you are not taking food in. As to the later rise, it could be that you have slow motility and the glucose is taking longer to be released. The speed at which glucose is taken from your food will also depend on what you are eating.

Regards

Doug

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook