Body Temperature, Glucose & Ketones

JenniferG

When my blood sugar used to be over 250 to 350 mg/dL (13.9 to 19.4 mmol/L) all the time (24/7), I remember how hot I got. My body temperature increased and I had to bump the AC down to 69F (20.5C) in the house and turn up the ceiling fans.

Since dietary change, I've dropped all my insulin and oral meds, (in the past 3 months), and I've maintained 109 to 135 mg/dL (6.1 to 7.5 mmol/L) all day without effort (LCHF ketogenic intermitent fasting diet).

I normally feel pretty cool when I get down to 110 mg/dL (6.1 mmol/L) and have the house temp at 73F (23C).

Feeling a bit warm today but blood sugar was only 133 mg/dL. (7.4 mmol/L)

Here's my question, can higher blood ketone levels (BHB), cause an increase in metabolism as well, generating more body heat? My ketones are up, sugar not that high. Does my body want to increase it's metabolism since my insulin levels are now relatively low and so many fatty acids are escaping from the fat cells?

I've been urinating a lot and lost 15 pounds in the past 8 days.. mostly water, since I returned to my ketogenic intermittent fasting diet (9 days ago). I pee as much as I did when I was peeing out uncontrolled diabetes sugars above 250-350 mg/dL (13.9 to 19.4 mmol/L) all day. But this time it's due to the fatty acids & ketones? I don't mind the weight loss at all btw.. got 200 more pounds (14 stone) to lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When my blood sugar used to be over 250 to 350 mg/dL (13.9 to 19.4 mmol/L) all the time (24/7), I remember how hot I got. My body temperature increased and I had to bump the AC down to 69F (20.5C) in the house and turn up the ceiling fans.

Since dietary change, I've dropped all my insulin and oral meds, (in the past 3 months), and I've maintained 109 to 135 mg/dL (6.1 to 7.5 mmol/L) all day without effort (LCHF ketogenic intermitent fasting diet).

I normally feel pretty cool when I get down to 110 mg/dL (6.1 mmol/L) and have the house temp at 73F (23C).

Feeling a bit warm today but blood sugar was only 133 mg/dL. (7.4 mmol/L)

Here's my question, can higher blood ketone levels (BHB), cause an increase in metabolism as well, generating more body heat? My ketones are up, sugar not that high. Does my body want to increase it's metabolism since my insulin levels are now relatively low and so many fatty acids are escaping from the fat cells?

I've been urinating a lot and lost 15 pounds in the past 8 days.. mostly water, since I returned to my ketogenic intermittent fasting diet (9 days ago). I pee as much as I did when I was peeing out uncontrolled diabetes sugars above 250-350 mg/dL (13.9 to 19.4 mmol/L) all day. But this time it's due to the fatty acids & ketones? I don't mind the weight loss at all btw.. got 200 more pounds (14 stone) to lose.

Jennifer - Do you take any medication for your diabetes, and do you have any other medical conditions at all?

JenniferG

No meds just thyroid med (pork based not synthetic)

I take folate, magnesium & d3 as well. Been addign potassium chloride salt to my broth as well as sodium. Because of some of the cramps /twicthing I've been getting.