Boiled Eggs

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It used to be advised not to eat to many eggs owing to the influence on cholesterol levels. I must say this has influenced my take on eating them. However I notice that scientific opinion has changed relatively recently.

I like eggs.

The trouble with dietary cholesterol is it only represents 15% of your overall cholesterol - so for example, if your cholesterol were 6 and you somehow managed to exclude it from your diet entirely, in the best case you’d get down to 5.1. So when a gp wants you to reduce your overall cholesterol (I’ve had this conversation)you’d have to wonder - apart from drug intervention - how? And there are plenty of books explaining the problems with the drug interventions

Reactions: zauberflote

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have just seen this on twitter and was amused, it's low carb as well:

An esteemed colleague told me he hard-boils eggs in the morning, uses them as pocket warmers, and then has them as a little mid-morning snack when he gets to work.

Truly, the line between genius and madness is very thin.
I often take them to work for a morning snackette/brunch, although I haven't used them for handwarming (geniously mad!); however, I do announce a warning to the office before peeling them/opening the box....

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
I often take them to work for a morning snackette/brunch, although I haven't used them for handwarming (geniously mad!); however, I do announce a warning to the office before peeling them/opening the box....

Sue, I’ll take a pre-peeled one to airport if I have a crack-of-dawn flight, and I make sure to eat it bite by bite, zipping it up quick into its plastic bag between each bite. And never on the plane!!

M

Member496333

Had four bad boys for my lunch (breakfast).

Cooked by the egg Gods. Just firm enough to qualify as hard boiled, but with beautiful, still warm, gloopy yolks. Covered in pink Himalayan salt and ground black pepper. Oh my goodness. Might have another four in a minute :hungry:

Reactions: Flora123