Bolusing for Casa Brasil restaurant.

Beth_Kirk

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, I'm looking for some advice..
Some background..my son is fifteen years old and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 11. He's going out to lunch on his own with friends for the first time to Casa Brasil, which I believe is a sort of tapas type thing?
Any advice on bolusing that I can give him?
Thanks in advance.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can’t answer (non insulin user) but that looks like one of those all you can eat Brazilian BBQ things (yum!), so likely very protein heavy, if that helps at all.

https://www.casabrasilrestaurants.co.uk/

I’m sure some insulin users will be along shortly to help.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Yes I went to one a few years ago… apart from a few specials we tried like goat curry… most of the rest was assorted meats that the just wandered around with a kept piling on the plate

I injected almost nothing for the meat and just too a little for whatever else I had

It’s a difficult one to plan for in advance as there’s no sort of ‘set meal’

Reactions: Struma

Beth_Kirk

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you for replying we weren't sure if maybe there was BBQ sauce or something on the meat, but if I advise just to bolus for the carbs?
Thanks again, it's kinda thrown us, as he's gone from never going out with his friends to going to the hardest place we could think of to try and mitigate !!

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Thank you for replying we weren't sure if maybe there was BBQ sauce or something on the meat, but if I advise just to bolus for the carbs?
Thanks again, it's kinda thrown us, as he's gone from never going out with his friends to going to the hardest place we could think of to try and mitigate !!

Most are dry spiced didn’t have much effect on me