Bone Pain

mummycaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Everyone. Its a while since Ive posted on here, but I know how helpful you can all be. Sooo 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, I had an operation, treatment of radiotherapy afterwards, quite intensive for three weeks and then 5 years of tamoxifen. All my mammograms since then have been clear, thank heavens! I have always had pain in my ribs, chest and sometimes neck since the radiotherapy. I just put up with it. But, just lately the pain seems to be a little worse. I was diagnosed Type 2 three years after the cancer diagnosis which apparently can happen. I have read on some sites that some diabetes medication can cause some pain in bones and I just wondered if anyone else has experience or experiences this. Any help would be great. Thanks guys x

Lobsang Tsultim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t know about bone pain from diabetes but I know that breast cancer can sometimes return in large bones. My mother’s returned in her spine though the doctors didn’t link it with her increasing unsteadiness, numbness and falls for a couple of years. Don’t want to worry you but thought I should mention it.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stains have been known (accused of) causing various problems. Are you on them?

My sympathies for your troubles. My Mrs went down much the same path as you though she got a second helping in her lymph nodes.
She had radiotherapy both times, but second time very intensely which caused subsequent local problems. It's powerful stuff isn't it?
She also has prediabetes, hovering around the top end of that at 47 / 48, but no diabetes medication. (Though she is on a low dose statin).

Recently she's suffered from fibromyalgia. We're not sure where that came from but with all the treatment she has endured, there is a chance of some collateral problems down the line. All the stuff you and she have been through may cause other things to crop up?

Not really sure if this helps at all but at least you know you're not on your own battling all this cr*p.
Have you tried a change of diet / lifestyle? Low carb seems to help plenty of people, at least with the diabetes.
Another chat with your GP may be on the cards?

Best of luck

Nicki70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As a breast cancer patient (twice) I would definitely suggest you either contact your GP and get referred back into breast clinic or you contact breast clinic you were treated at directly as they may see you without the GP referral. Better to get it checked out I would say, as hard as that can be. I definitely understand the worry and fear it causes.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone. Its a while since Ive posted on here, but I know how helpful you can all be. Sooo 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, I had an operation, treatment of radiotherapy afterwards, quite intensive for three weeks and then 5 years of tamoxifen. All my mammograms since then have been clear, thank heavens! I have always had pain in my ribs, chest and sometimes neck since the radiotherapy. I just put up with it. But, just lately the pain seems to be a little worse. I was diagnosed Type 2 three years after the cancer diagnosis which apparently can happen. I have read on some sites that some diabetes medication can cause some pain in bones and I just wondered if anyone else has experience or experiences this. Any help would be great. Thanks guys x

I see you have had this bone pain pretty much since your treatment?

I have not had breast cancer but have bad breast surgery, involving my ribs on that side. For a couple of years afterwards I had post-surgical neuropathy. I described it to my surgeon as feeling like my ribs had been French trimmed by the butcher. She thought that logical as that's almost exactly what had happened.

So, I think what I am wondering is if you have a side-effect of your treatment that has lingered.

What do your medical team say about this pain? Have they given you any form of explanation?

I'm afraid it's time to seek a definite reason for this pain, and as much as anything else, a reassurance there is nothing major to worry about.

Good luck with it all.