Booster vaccine

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We did really well with initial Covid vaccinations, and some surgeries in the area are now asking 75 year olds to book for booster jabs, BUT our surgery hasn't started!!! I was on the phone to them about something else, and mentioned booster jabs in passing, as a few friends in their 90's at the same surgery haven't been contacted, and the surgery admitted they hadn't started giving them, but wouldn't give a reason.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was at a primary care unit the other day and on my way out I remarked to the lady who was ticking people off for their booster shots, "Its a pity I cannot have mine" to which she responded "If it is over 6 months since your last jab you can." Got booked in and had the booster there and then, I had AZ for the first two but the nurse said they were giving people a different jab to the first two as it had been found that mixing the jabs gave better protection. So got Pfizer for the booster. Husband couldn't have his as he had just got over Covid a couple of weeks previously and they said it was just too soon. Sore arm for a couple of days, it's easing off now.

Reactions: Hopeful34

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
10 days now since my booster jab, having to have 50% more insulin but finding insulin does not really start to work for 6 or 7 hours instead of it stating to work after 1 hour plus tried all the normal things like changing insulin having an injection instead but I had this problem after my first covid jab so I think I will just have to wait to things get back to normal after my first jab it took over 4 weeks