Bought Victoza On A Very Hot Day

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I hope someone can tell me what happens to victoza if it's been transported in temps around 30 C for a couple of hours or three? I forgot to bring an ice pack when I bought 5 pens on a very hot day, so I wrapped them up in several layers of old mags instead, but my BGs seem to be slowly on the rise over the last couple of weeks or three. I haven't changed my low carb diet, so I wonder if I'm injecting useless victoza ...? I know there could be a host of other reasons, but the 'victoza situation' is the one that would make most sense.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @briped, I searched victiza.com and it mentions storing it in a fridge at between 2 and 8 degrees C
but if out of the fridge it can get used if stored between 15 and 30 degrees C for up to 30 days.
I guess the quandary for you is whether your Victoza was exposed to higher than 30 degrees C.

Reactions: briped

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi @briped, I searched victiza.com and it mentions storing it in a fridge at between 2 and 8 degrees C
but if out of the fridge it can get used if stored between 15 and 30 degrees C for up to 30 days.
I guess the quandary for you is whether your Victoza was exposed to higher than 30 degrees C.

Thanks kitedoc. True. I think it could've been a problem on that particular day. As far as I remember it was one of the hottest days, which would've made it 32 rather than 30 C. On the other hand it was only kept out of a fridge for 3 hours at the most, and not 30 days. It's probably ok then, even if the chemist did advice me against doing it. I didn't really have choice, though.