bread

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had one slice of burgen bread with a fry up and bg was OK. I thought I would try 2 slices so had a cheese and cucumber sandwich. Before my lunch my bg was 5,6, 2 hours later it was 6.9 so I guess I need to stick with one! I didn't even feel that full afterwards so would much rather have more low carb food and more fat. My stomach hurts too so all in all not a good lunch!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Frustrating, isn't it?

I succumbed to a cinnamon tea cake a couple of hours ago. Lashings of butter, like the good little LCHF girl I am.

Knew it would be bad, but didn't expect to go from 5.7 up to 9.2!!!

We live and learn...

Reactions: 2 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Frustrating, isn't it?

I succumbed to a cinnamon tea cake a couple of hours ago. Lashings of butter, like the good little LCHF girl I am.

Knew it would be bad, but didn't expect to go from 5.7 up to 9.2!!!

We live and learn...
Was 9.2 the peak or two hours later?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 hours later :(

Down to 7.5 now, and dropping like a stone.

I have been lo carbing pretty strictly the last few days, so that will have made me more sensitive (giving a higher BG result), hence the belated and excessive insulin release leading to a rapid BG fall, and increased risk of a hypo.

So I had better go eat some protein and fat ASAP, to stave off that little delight...

Sigh. It was a wee celebration to mark the last day of our hol.

Will I never learn...?o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
was the bread on the same day? things seem to accumulate weirdly, for me anyway

Reactions: 5 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
was the bread on the same day? things seem to accumulate weirdly, for me anyway

No the one slice was yesterday. you wouldn't think that one little slice of bread would make so much difference would you?

A

AnnieC

No the one slice was yesterday. you wouldn't think that one little slice of bread would make so much difference would you?
It sounds like you really miss having bread so you keep trying for the sandwich two slices what a shame you can't seem to have that
When you have really enjoyed sandwiches it must be hard not to be able to have them anymore. I have never been a big bread eater myself so not having sandwiches does not bother me really and I can eat two slices of granary or Bergen bread ok so I have that toasted with my breakfast and thats the only bread I have in a day. I do eat crispbread sometimes Aldi's rye crispbread are nice really thin so 2 or 3 is fine for me

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It sounds like you really miss having bread so you keep trying for the sandwich two slices what a shame you can't seem to have that
When you have really enjoyed sandwiches it must be hard not to be able to have them anymore. I have never been a big bread eater myself so not having sandwiches does not bother me really and I can eat two slices of granary or Bergen bread ok so I have that toasted with my breakfast and thats the only bread I have in a day. I do eat crispbread sometimes Aldi's rye crispbread are nice really thin so 2 or 3 is fine for me

surprisingly I don't really miss bread I think I miss the 'idea' of bread. A sandwich was always my easy and quick to make lunch and toast was something I ate regularly when I was hungry. Most of the time I think of other things to eat but yesterday was not one of those times! I do like a slice of toast with my fried egg once a week!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i think bread is such an all round easy food, don't need to be in the fridge, can be eaten so many ways, its so easy, and it tastes great, its a big whole in my diet tbh but hey ho it could be worse, at least there is livlife nowadays