Tablets (oral)
Wow
9dc7fc031ed2ba017438309b0587abe0.jpg

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks delicious, I reckon I could eat everything on that table apart from the jams, maybe just 10 of those.

I really should go find some breakfast before looking at a thread like this :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to cook this stuff years ago when working for a food retail outlet..
Tends to be cooked from frozen? ("CDF")
The croissants certainly look like they were..

Reactions: dbr10

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to cook this stuff years ago when working for a food retail outlet..
Tends to be cooked from frozen? ("CDF")
The croissants certainly look like they were..
I think most of this stuff is these days

M

Member496333

Looks delicious, I reckon I could eat everything on that table apart from the jams, maybe just 10 of those.

[...]

You could, but the question to yourself is whether or not you should.

That picture is the answer to the question “what is the cause of the obesity and diabetes epidemic?” :D

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
You could, but the question to yourself is whether or not you should.

That picture is the answer to the question “what is the cause of the obesity and diabetes epidemic?” :D
No question there, licking the tongs would kill me.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I really should go find some breakfast before looking at a thread like this :)
Bacon and eggs

D

Deleted Account

This is not unusual for a hotel - it is quick and easy to prepare and serve.
They do not have to pay for a chef to cook your eggs and bacon, they do not have to pay for waiters to serve you, they do not have to pay for someone to wash up the caked on fat, ... and in return, you probably get a cheaper hotel room.
If you have special dietary requirements (whether due to diabetes or anything else), unfortunately, you need to cater for yourself.
I never stay overnight somewhere without a few herbal teabags and known cereal-type bars in my bag.
I also never pay for a hotel breakfast, especially if I am in a city with cafes nearby.

Reactions: geefull

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
OK for those who tolerate carbohydrates. Not so good otherwise. But at least we know it, from my recent exposure to a group of people worried about diabetes, some diagnose as pre diabetic, they didn't seem to correlate carbs with blood glucose.

M

Member496333

OK for those who tolerate carbohydrates. Not so good otherwise. But at least we know it, from my recent exposure to a group of people worried about diabetes, some diagnose as pre diabetic, they didn't seem to correlate carbs with blood glucose.

This is the view of almost everyone. Thanks largely to misinformation in the media. Everyone I know once though that diabetes was caused by fat and sugar. Some refused to accept the very long list of things that are sugar in disguise. It’s estimated that 60+% of the American diet comprises flour (may as well be sherbert) and industrial oils. No one has any clue that nearly everything they eat is glucose.

Reactions: jjraak

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No thanks, complete rubbish! Now if it was a fresh cooked pastry from a French delicatessen I might be tempted, but that straight out of the freezer, limp looking balls of sugar not to mention those horrible packaged jams, er, no. To be fair though, many hotels include plenty of cheeses and meats (the 'continental' breakfast).

Reactions: Kim Possible

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

David, I say no, no, no. Even those who can tolerate carbs would not benefit from this rubbish for breakfast, muffins and croissants and jam?