Breakfast for health!!

ratangharami

According to me that breakfast has own significance in our life...Breakfast is no question a fundamental element of your daily diet program schedule as it quit you from over consuming.I don't miss my morning meal as it provides me with important nutrients....

Paulwbm

Hi

So what is your idea of a healthy breakfast and how does it play on your levels? I hope you can shed some light please.

I find that breakfast is currently my biggest challenge as I cannot break free from real porridge oats or oat bran granola. I feel the effect of these with light headed ness and tingling feelings. My pre-breakfast average BG is 6.7, 2 hr post breakfast average is 7.3 but I feel that it spikes sometime soon afterwards. I need to find a healthy alternative that avoids the spikes. I'm a newbie type 2.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

MarkHerry

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is important because it provides us energy and power. We can skip any other meal of the day but we should not skip breakfast. It is good to eat healthy food in breakfast.

jules65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My favourite breakfast is a protein pancake! Using one scoop of low-carb whey protein powder (any flavour) mix with water, 1/2 tsp baking powder & an egg to form batter, topped with raspberries, lovely & less than 10g carb.

Reactions: 2 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Boiled eggs with butter or mayo.
Greek yogurt with berries
Bacon and egg
omelette with veg.
But I've never been a breakfast eater.

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Paulwbm, I'm sure that there is another thread about what to eat for breakfast but as I low carb then it is eggs, usually 2 egg omelette, can be with added ham, tomatoes, cheese etc. Also eggs and bacon or bratwurst or bockwurst from Aldi, even grilled chopped ham and pork, I cannot however eta oats or any kind as they now spike me

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't eaten breakfast since I was a child but if I did, I certainly wouldn't eat this...

GeraldKevin said:
For diabetics, oats and cereals are the most healthy food. It control their blood sugar level.

I make do with a big mug of coffee with a good slug of cream in it. Rinse and repeat.
I'm eight stones lighter and have an HbA1c of 4.6

wiflib

Reactions: 2 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
GeraldKevin said:
For diabetics, oats and cereals are the most healthy food. It control their blood sugar level.

Your profile states you are a type 1.5 on diet only???? :shock: you are obviously a spammer with NO knowledge of Diabetes-just a vested interest in your own business whatever that is :***: I sure wouldn't click on the link in your signature! :lol:

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
I love breakfast! through the week I have a little bowl of gluten free porridge and at weekends I'll treat myself to either an egg with toast or the full works, Eggs, bacon and beans - I'm watering at the mouth just thinking about it :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Best meal of the day breakfast and never miss it unless I'm ill, always start the day with a bowl of traditional Scots Porridge Oats with seeds, yoghurt and blueberries, very filling, nutritious and satisfying :)

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cereals of any kind gives me huge spikes, it most certainly does the exact opposite of controlling my blood glucose, and plenty of others on this forum report the same thing. It may work for some but I'd say its very unwise to generalise and make a blanket recommendation statement that assumes that everyone is the same.

PS, I also find Spam extremely unpalatable.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find it very hard to eat breakfast. Greek yogurt works for me because its small and doesn't require much 'eating'. One thing I can eat is toast but it doesn't always agree with my bg.

Allic1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Weetabix and porridge are a NO for me, I had 2 weetabix made with hot water and a dash of milk and it sent my BG to 17.3 :crazy:

I now stick with grain bread toasted with 2 scrambled eggs or 80g of salt reduced beaked beans, poached egg or air fried bacon :)

Netty70

Breakfast for me is weetabix at the mo but unlike everyone else it is sending my sugars really low and I can't understand why
Did a test this morning before breakfast and I was 6.1 so going to test about 9.30 and see how low it goes
Does anyone know why it affects me the opposite to everyone else :-(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Netty70 said:
Breakfast for me is weetabix at the mo but unlike everyone else it is sending my sugars really low and I can't understand why
Did a test this morning before breakfast and I was 6.1 so going to test about 9.30 and see how low it goes
Does anyone know why it affects me the opposite to everyone else :-(

No idea Netty, it just goes to show we are all different when it comes to food and what we can and cannot eat, hope your bg is fine later :)

Netty70

Thanks NH just baffles me
In the week cereal suits cause am up early and leave early at the weekends I could make something else as no work yippee but thought I would test myself just to see am not going mad lol

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Netty70 said:
In the week cereal suits cause am up early and leave early at the weekends I could make something else as no work yippee but thought I would test myself just to see am not going mad lol

Perhaps with not rushing around for work this morning could make a difference to your bg results, I'm a morning porridge fan and type 1 so slightly different for me :)

Netty70

noblehead said:
Netty70 said:

Perhaps with not rushing around for work this morning could make a difference to your bg results, I'm a morning porridge fan and type 1 so slightly different for me :)

Tested 6.1 before breakfast
Two hours after 5.9 perfect
30mins after which is the norm shake time I am 3.8 bothering me now why I am dropping so quick
Anyone else have any ideas :-(