Breakfast help?

Rhiannonalan

Can anyone suggest some breakfast ideas that are "sweet" rather than savoury? I really struggle to eat breakfast and cannot face meat or cheese at this time of day and I'm all egged out. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cowboyjim

That must be one of the toughest questions I have seen on here for a while...
My only suggestion is porridge with cinnamon and artificial sweetener, maybe some raspberries but you would have to test after and adjust the measures to suit you...
My workaround is to eat porridge etc over an hour... i know it sounds yuck cold porridge but... or a cereal bar over an hour? Once again with the meter in hand... maybe experiment at the weekend so you are ok when in a rush for work....

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have sugar free jelly and double cream, sometimes add bit of milled flaxseed and nuts to vary the taste.
Regards
Angie

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My breakfast is 30g of Lizi's Granola(low GI), 1/2 total yoghurt, handful of raspberries/blueberries and a couple of spoonfuls of mixed seeds(sunflower, pumpkin and linseed) This has very little effect on my levels and fills me up till lunch time.

Ann :D

Defren

One of my absolute favourite meals, berry's with Greek yogurt. I could eat that all day every day! Lunch today 30g blue berry's 30g strawberry's and 100g Greek yogurt - lush!

jahusba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having to cut carbs
How about cheesecake with berries, egg custard or muffins?

Jane :)

tjs

Hello,
I have "posh porridge". The night before I mix skimmed milk and water 2.5 to 1 ratio and add a spoonful of powdered sweetner to it. I then chop up a small serving of unsweetened dried apricots into small pieces and add them to the milk. The apricots rehydrate again overnight into large lovely soft fruit pieces and I add the porridge oats and cook it all when I am ready for breakfast. Adding sweetner to the milk means that all of the porridege gets sweetened rather than just the top layer would with a sprinkle.

Hope this helps, dont forget to test.

Tony

Fraddycat

I cannot tolerate porridge - it makes my bg spike and I feel quite hungry and shaky about 2.5 to 3 hours after, which I don't like. Now I have an Atkins shake for breakfast, its yummy and chocolatey and keeps me going until lunchtime. I have in the past had protein shakes which were nice but the flavour of the Atkins shake is the best.