Breakfast ideas

mpe

I am prediabetic and not low carbing but am reducing carbs somewhat. Breakfast is a really difficult meal for me I hate cereal, museli and granola and certainly could not face fruit or smoothies for breakfast.
I love eggs but not sure how many I should eat in a week

As many as you want to eat. An important part of any sustainable diet is to eat things you want to eat.

I do have raised cholesterol and eat low fat foods so my breakfasts at the moment are really just cold meats with tomatoes cucumber etc most days and eggs a couple of times a week as omlettes or scrambled with mushrooms cheese and tomatoes

Chicken eggs are actually fairly low in cholesterol. You'd need to eat something at least 5 a day before you'd be anywhere near the amount of cholesterol the average needs. You don't mention what your "raised cholesterol level" actually is and it may be reduced more by reducing carbohydrates.

mpe

In another decade I expect they'll have reversed their advice on saturated fat and caught up with the more enlightened among us.

Possibly. Though the may come out with some other (dangerous) nonsense by then.

mpe

You need to find what works for you.
Choose a diet, stick to it for 3 months, go and ask your doctor for full blood tests, and take it from there.

Depending if you are happy with the results either stick with it or change it and retest.
Might not be a bad idea to specifically enumerate "full blood tests". Since there are so many which this could include. Things like lipoprotein counts and apolipoproteins classifications may be more useful than the amount of cholesterol and/or fats within lipoproteins.
You can also buy a blood glucose meter and test your own blood sugars whenever you decide to.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Depending if you are happy with the results either stick with it or change it and retest.
Might not be a bad idea to specifically enumerate "full blood tests". Since there are so many which this could include. Things like lipoprotein counts and apolipoproteins classifications may be more useful than the amount of cholesterol and/or fats within lipoproteins.
You can also buy a blood glucose meter and test your own blood sugars whenever you decide to.

Give me the difference between

"lipoprotein counts"

and

" the amount of cholesterol and/or fats within lipoproteins."

will you, I'm a bit lost on this.

fatbird

Chorizo quiche (1).JPG

Lowcarb Chorizo and red onion crustless quiche

Ingredients:
4 eggs
70 grams of thinly sliced Chorizo
A quarter of finely chopped red onion
6 tablespoons of double cream
Salt, pepper and dried mixed herbs to taste.
Serves 2

Mix the eggs, cream and seasoning in a bowl or pyrex jug
Place a layer of Chorizo and chopped onions into a non stick baking dish 8" x 1"
Pour over half the egg and cream mix
Add another layer of Chorizo
Pour over the remaining egg mix
Place into a pre heated oven at 190c and cook for twenty minutes.

This crustless quiche rises like a souffle and is best served hot.

FB

Last edited by a moderator: