Breakfast smoothie

nannoo

Hi - wonder if someone can help. I thought I'd found an alternative to protein for my breakfast - a healthy smoothie, which was quick and ideal. However, it pushed my BS way up. It contained low sugar yogourt drink, strawberries, protein powder and lecithin. What could have pushed my BS up to 15? What could I have as an alternative, preferably another type of smoothie? I really can't face meat that early in the morning. Thanks.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks fine to me... Why not replace the low sugar yoghurt drink with some real (full fat) greek yoghurt?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Check all your ingredients. You probably have some carbs hiding in there. Remmber starch as well as sugar causes BG to rise.

nannoo

I am trying to avoid full fat as I need to lose a lot of weight. Would there be a lot of carbs in a tablespoon of protein powder and lecithin? There doesn't seem to be any carb information on the boxes (I live in Switzerland - very pretty, but a bit behind the times!)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
nanoo, try this article. It will show you thqat fats are NOT fattening
http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/10786A.htm
And you have mountains to walk up to get exercise. If youare lucky, you may get to slide down again with planks strapped to your legs.
PS
don't take the Sesselbahn!