Breakfast

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have 4 weetabix on the days I’m not at work and 3 bananas and a yoghurt when I’m at work.
Clearly you have not embraced the idea that reducing carbs benefits type 2 diabetics! I also note that you are a health care assistant, I hope that doesn't involve advising others about their diet.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Clearly you have not embraced the idea that reducing carbs benefits type 2 diabetics! I also note that you are a health care assistant, I hope that doesn't involve advising others about their diet.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, that comes across slightly harshly worded.

so, fruit and low sugar cereal have been indicated by many in the health care profession to be good for type 2s. I believed that too for a long time but found I was progressing on a path of different drugs and beat insulin

since exercise, lowering my carbs and weight loss I have reversed a lot. Test to the meter but weetabix, especially in those quantities are likely to cause high blood spikes in many type 2s and I bet type 1s need to be wary too to manage insulin. The milk added, if used, is another additional issue

so “healthy” often isn’t for some of us but we learn, and teach, my health care professionals ask how I’ve done it and I tell them and hopefully it helps change minds. I have spoken to some who are totally onboard and tell their patients of the risks of carbs, so things are different but it takes a long time to change an organisation as vast as the NHS

Reactions: urbanracer