1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Brintellix (Vortioxetine) 10mg. Experiences?

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by kaup, Mar 2, 2018.

1. kaup

kaup Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have been suffering from major depression for the past 3 years. Been resisting to take any antidepressants. Got described to take Brintellix (Vortioxetine) 10mg. Anyone have any experience from Brintellix (Vortioxetine) 10mg for depression/major depression?

But I feel that nothing else helps and I might have to try to take antidepressants. I used to be on Cymbalta for major depression, years ago, for depression which helped me. But my psychiatrist suggested me to try Brintellix (Vortioxetine) 10 mg, since it's a more modern antidepressant with fewer side effects than Cymbalta.

Also been suggested to try CBD oil by friends.

Otherwise, i'm a male 34, high functioning autism, diabetes 1, high blood pressure.

2. Nelly.libar

Nelly.libar · Member

This thread really piqued my interest. My therapist thought trying SNRI would be a good idea for me. I tried few SNRIs and then settled with Cymbalta/Dulexotine. I took it for about 2 years. Taking this drug felt horrible. When I finally managed to got off of it (with extreme withdrawl symptoms), I was immediately diagnosed with Type 1 insulin dependent diabetes. I was 30 at the time and have no history of Diabetes in my very large extended family. Love to hear from anybody with more to say about this..

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook