Britain's big diet! More confusion?

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Agreed, and I blame marketing. So look at a typical Dominos order system and it tempts you with garlic bread, nuggets & dips, bottle of syrup and a calorie/carb packed dessert. Good for profit margins, not very good for health. And no exercise required as it'll be delivered fresh to your doorstep.
A perfect example of marketing has been the recent Belvita adverts on Classic FM - they are marketed as a healthy option for breakfast as they slow-release carbs over four hours. Good grief. There's 30g in one serving (4), never mind that they are processed bits of cardboard, never mind that I seriously doubt they'd keep you full for that time. I find myself shouting at the radio..... One could argue that intelligence should tell you that they are not healthy but we are bombarded by so much conflicting information via social media, spurious and incorrect articles, articles with hidden agendas, information from sources such as the NHS - the list goes on - that people just tune into 'healthy' and go no further, breakfast cereals being a prime example of that.