Broken Meter - Stressed Teen

SamSam26

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello
Can anyone help with a meter problem? AccuChek Aviva. After sample applied we get 'Electronic Error E-57' This code does not show in the manual at all. Help desk shut and teenage son stressed out. We have replaced batteries and turned off for 20 seconds as instructed. When this happened before the help desk talked us through a reset but we can't remember how. Does anyone have any ideas please?

MickyFinn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello
Can anyone help with a meter problem? AccuChek Aviva. After sample applied we get 'Electronic Error E-57' This code does not show in the manual at all. Help desk shut and teenage son stressed out. We have replaced batteries and turned off for 20 seconds as instructed. When this happened before the help desk talked us through a reset but we can't remember how. Does anyone have any ideas please?
Did you get enough blood in the testing strip? I get an error message on my meter when that happens, although I have a different meter. If not, the meter may just be broken, and it needs replacing.

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does manual tell you? Any info on line re meter ? Sorry but don't use this one.

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In emergency Could phone attend local A& E they should be able to do test for him.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
To reset the meter you remove the battery and hold down the 2 arrow buttons together (just forget how long for), I once had issue with the Accu-Chek meter burning batteries and this what the customer care-line said to do, worth a try anyway @SamSam26

SamSam26

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you get enough blood in the testing strip? I get an error message on my meter when that happens, although I have a different meter. If not, the meter may just be broken, and it needs replacing.
Hi, yes we did it a few times - think it is a dodgy meter. Managed to find some strips for his old one to get us thru tonight, thank you.

SamSam26

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Does manual tell you? Any info on line re meter ? Sorry but don't use this one.
Thanks for answering; manual is really rubbish and doesn't explain the code. Going to contact DSN tomorrow and ask for replacement!

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've the same issue - fixed by removing the batteries, then holding down the power button for a few seconds, releasing the power button and popping the batteries back in.

Taking the batteries out for 20 seconds on its own did nothing to help.