Brown Pasta

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm type 1 and eat rice and pasta, brown rice and wholemeal pasta at that without massive sugar spikes but I'd inject a second time around 90 mins after food, I also wash the rice/pasta in cold water when cooked and reheat it to serve as it seems to lessen spikes, I eat wholemeal bread too and my last hba1c was around 42 or 6%

I'm unsure of the rules but a cgm during for/pregnancy was being talked about pre coronavirus https://jdrf.org.uk/news/nhs-access...with-type-1-diabetes-due-to-begin-in-england/ so worth speaking to your diabetes clinic about.
As a diet controlled T2 I find that I can tolerate pasta if it is cooked, swilled under cold water and reheated.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Got to be honest I spenT years not being able to eat foods I liked.type 1 two insulin’s a day eating at certain times in those days certain types of food were deffo off limits, so since the old regime is no long done or well not for me I eat what I like but adjust my insulin to suit I’m quite lucky ( change that very lucky ) I can eat like a horse and my weight stays stable . It’s a learning curve but I now know how my body reacts to certain things . Eg pasta I need to take insulin up to 2 hours after I eat it ! Split bonus depending on what I eat , as I said a learning curve but once learnt eating becomes a pleasure not a pain , but as we all know it’s a totally individual thing .
Take care stay safe