Building muscle

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Bodybuilders were the first to discover low carb diets for fat removal...

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bodybuilders were the first to discover low carb diets for fat removal...
Are you or have you ever been a bodybuilder?
Are the bodybuilders you are referencing preparing for show contests?

Reactions: kev-w

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I never said low carb high fat! Most bodybuilders are low carb high protein, and there is a history of people with Type2 reversing their diabetes with bodybuilding.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I never said low carb high fat! Most bodybuilders are low carb high protein, and there is a history of people with Type2 reversing their diabetes with bodybuilding.
Who mentioned LCHF?
Definitely not me.
I simply asked what information you had regarding bodybuilding and diet.
Your post #21 is very vague. A bodybuilders diet changes according to where they might be in their preparations for a show.
"Bulking up" and "cutting for a show" are totally different diets.
Simply saying bodybuilders low carb for fat removal doesn't really paint the full picture.

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In my experience most serious lads in the gym eat plenty of rice and pasta for carbs, it'd be hard to bulk without them, Olympian Steve Redgrave (T2) had to use insulin to cover the amount of carbs he needed when competing.

But then there's carbs, and carbs, some will digest at the same speed your bolus is absorbed, and some wont.

The T2 I knew once who reversed his condition through weight lifting low carbed, but he was there to lose weight, not every weight lifter is a body builder I guess.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Low carb high protein works for me.

But with respect, your avatar says Type 2, so your route, and the route of the OP will be significantly different, as he's looking to put weight on.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But with respect, your avatar says Type 2, so your route, and the route of the OP will be significantly different, as he's looking to put weight on.

I didn’t see that. Apologies!