Bulletproof coffee - equipment?

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To celebrate coming off the Sitagliptin I decided to try bulletproof coffee for the first time :)

Followed the recipe, put it in a tall jug and used the hand blender - ended up wearing most of the coffee that hadn't decorated the kitchen and the floor.

Had another go using the whisk attachment (very carefully) and managed to emulsify the fats but still in danger of most of it disappearing out of the jug.

What equipment do people use generally to make theirs?

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought a hand held blender from Argos and use any old jug. It was tricky at first but I hold the blender about 3/4 of the way down and blitz for about 15 seconds depending on how much froth I want. Hope this helps x

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used a spoon when having butter in my coffee. Now I just have cream ... still use the spoon.

Reactions: Ultramum

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think I need to develop my hand blender technique and a slightly taller jug by the sound of it ... Used a teaspoon to stop the oily layer forming afterwards @bulkbiker !

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not convinced that bulletproof coffee (looking at the info online) has any more benefits than a good dollop of cream in it instead, the latter being much less faff too. After all, they are both fats. I've seen one recipe with an egg in it as well..... bleaurgh.... And some blogs promoting it seem to want you to buy exceptionally expensive MCT oil. I wait to be enlightened!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to do it in a blender. The washing up got old fast.
Then I tried one of those tiny little battery operated hand whisk things see pic
aerolatte_matcha.jpg

but the washing up in all those little spiral things got tedious too.

Now I just dollop some cream into my drink and stir.

I'm a bit resistant to ritualising and mystifying perfectly ordinary food...

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I tried it (using immersion blender) and thought it not worth the effort. Would rather have bullet proof chocolate squares (chocolate, coconut oil, butter melted together. Mix in shredded coconut, cool/slice.)

Last edited:

Fredj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To celebrate coming off the Sitagliptin I decided to try bulletproof coffee for the first time :)

Followed the recipe, put it in a tall jug and used the hand blender - ended up wearing most of the coffee that hadn't decorated the kitchen and the floor.

Had another go using the whisk attachment (very carefully) and managed to emulsify the fats but still in danger of most of it disappearing out of the jug.

What equipment do people use generally to make theirs?
I use my Nutribullet. Just have to be careful when you open it. Works great for me when I decide I want bulletproof coffee.

crazytechie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very much really, I am pretty easy going
I just cheat and have it strong and black, I used to drink tea white with two sugars just as my parents did, then eventually cut out milk, sugar and switched allegiances to coffee. You don’t have to make it difficult.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've occasionally added a little coconut oil to my coffee and cream for an instant breakfast and just let it melt then stirred it in. I'll more often add it to a bowl of soup though.

But sometimes I'll save time and effort and just eat a yummy spoonful of coconut manna with my coffee instead. I believe the only benefit may be in that coconut is an MCT oil which is supposedly a fast acting energy fat, rather than the more normal slow.....

@bulkbiker - I just pour a little cream straight from the pot but I do have a spoon for stirring it in...

Robbity

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've occasionally added a little coconut oil to my coffee and cream for an instant breakfast and just let it melt then stirred it in. I'll more often add it to a bowl of soup though.

But sometimes I'll save time and effort and just eat a yummy spoonful of coconut manna with my coffee instead. I believe the only benefit may be in that coconut is an MCT oil which is supposedly a fast acting energy fat, rather than the more normal slow.....

@bulkbiker - I just pour a little cream straight from the pot but I do have a spoon for stirring it in...

Robbity
I'm a saddo and measure mine every time...

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gone back to a dollop of extra thick cream - not a morning person and hate washing up - at least I can say I have tried it ...